Braces have evolved and been developed by technology, and one of those new techniques is called Invisalign. Instead of being fixed and permanent braces that stay in your mouth, Invisalign uses clear plastic trays that slot over your teeth that slowly move the teeth to their correct positions. The trays are comfortable, and have to be worn for a certain number of hours a day.
Many people prefer Invisalign because it does not involve any metal in the mouth, or any wires that have to be periodically tightened. The trays will change every two weeks until the treatment is complete. There really is no simpler way to get that beautiful smile.
Invisalign braces can treat a number of orthodontic conditions, including overbite, underbite, crowding, malocclusion, and crooked teeth.
Invisalign Versus Traditional Braces
For many people, traditional braces are not something that they can introduce into their lives, often because they are adults who want straight teeth but who are also working professionals. Many high school students also choose Invisalign because it enables that to correct their teeth into a perfect smile without the embarrassment of braces.
Metal braces, unlike Invisalign, can be very sore and uncomfortable, and they are not aesthetically pleasing. They can also interfere with typical activities such as eating, talking, and kissing, so they can start to affect one’s social life too.
Dr. Paige Woods has made it possible for patients to receive Invisalign braces and achieve the smile that they so desperately want with the minimum of hassle.
Benefits Of Invisalign
Invisalign has a number of benefits over traditional braces, such as:
- Ease of use: with little to no impact on your life, the aligner trays are comfortable and you will feel little discomfort
- Ease of cleaning: as aligner trays can be completely removed, they are easy to clean
- Comfortable eating: with no brackets or wires to get in the way, eating is simple – just remove the aligner trays, and you are ready
- Sports: if you play a contact sport, metal braces are immediately a problem because it is very likely that you will cut your mouth. With Invisalign, you simply replace the trays with your mouth guard
- Holistic and biocompatible: as the aligner trays are made from medical grade material that is BPA-free, they are perfect for using within your mouth, and make getting that perfect smile so much easier
How Invisalign Works
At the beginning of the process you will have a consultation with Dr. Woods, who will assess you as a possible candidate forInvisalign treatment. The treatment has three main steps:
- A 3D image of your teeth will be constructed, using molds, photos, and even panoramic x-rays so that the dentist can get the best possible understanding of exactly what your teeth are doing. The dentist will then make a plan about where they want to move the teeth to.
- Your aligners and your plan of action will then be given to you. These aligners will be smooth and comfortable, and you will remove them when you eat or brush your teeth. Every two weeks, you’ll move to a new set of aligners.
- As the treatment progresses, you’ll start to notice your beautiful new smile. The treatment can take about a year for adults, and perhaps a little less for teenagers and children.
Why Brighton Dental?
The Invisalign is a holistic treatment that is best offered by a professional, such as Dr. Paige Woods, an expert in pain free and non-toxic dentistry, who also specialises in working with particularly anxious patients.
A graduate of the USC dental school, he also has a dental certificate from the UniverseridadTechnlogica de Mexico and a BCLAD from San Diego State University. Completely fluent in Spanish and English, Dr Woods has decades of experience of working with patients.
Now is the time to improve your smile and improve your life, so talk to Dr Woods at (619) 540-5100 as soon as possible to understand how Invisalign can dramatically alter your teeth.