Many people gain a lot of confidence from having a beautiful white smile, and one of the best ways to achieve that is to use the Zoom Chairside Whitening System – a fast and safe way to whiten your teeth.
Dentistry merges with chemical knowledge in this clever technology, which means that our patients can get that pearly white smile without any pain or discomfort.
Staining happens to people’s teeth for many reasons, but some of the more common ones include drinking red wine, coffee, tea, coke, or other dark liquids, as well as smoking. However, the aging process that we all go through can make our teeth look more yellow, and some prescription medications will also have this affect.
Although there are home remedies and kits that you can buy, none of them will be as effective as working with your dentist to achieve that perfect smile. We will always recommend Zoom because:
- It offers a speedy treatment
- All of your teeth will receive the treatment simultaneously
- You’ll experience the great results for much longer
- Those with sensitive teeth can enjoy using it
- Yellowing and stains can be removed from natural teeth as well as fillings
- The safety of the treatment is proven
- Only a professional will carry it out
Exactly how does Zoom work?
Through Zoom, the enamel on your teeth will be gently bleached so that they look whiter, using a 25% hydrogen peroxide gel. This gel uses oxygen in order to bubble up, taking the staining with it.
After this, a mercury metal halide light is then used in order to further activate the gel, and this speeds up the process. The infrared filter within the light offers a smooth and sensitive experience, and lowers the heat that you would otherwise have experienced. This means that Zoom keeps your teeth healthy and happy during and after the treatment.
Results will be slightly different depending on the person, and their dental history, which is why we recommend that you have a full consultation with a dentist about the look that you are trying to achieve. This gives you the chance to learn more about Zoom, and your dentist the chance to see if there is any decay in your teeth, because if so the treatment cannot go ahead.
How is Zoom done?
The exact way that your dentist will work with you and Zoom will be agreed between you beforehand, but almost every treatment starts with a deep cleaning that can remove all of the plaque from your mouth. Special eyewear will then be given to you so that you can be protected, and slash guards will be put over your teeth.
When it comes to the actual Zoom procedure, this is a step by step guide to what happens:
- Your cheeks will be held back with retractors to expose your teeth better
- Your gums will then be painted or covered to protect them
- Your dentist will then apply the whitening gel
- Now all your teeth are exposed, the halide light will be activated
- The first stage takes 15 minutes, and then you can rinse your mouth and remove all the gel
- Your dentist will then apply the gel again, and activate the halide light for 15 minutes
- Another rinsing, and another 15 minute session is usually offered
- The gel is removed, and the Zoom application is complete
What do I need to do after Zoom treatment?
The reasons why your teeth discoloured in the first place can often mean that, over time, your teeth can become stained again even after you have had the Zoom treatment. In order to prevent this as much as possible, you will be given a special toothpaste and floss that you should use twice a day, every day. You can also receive Zoom treatment again to top up that beautiful smile.
If you have any questions or queries about the Zoom Chairside System, please do get in touch with us at (619) 640-5100.